7+ hours of hands-on exercises and Q&A to learn a step by step process to set priorities with confidence and to discuss your prioritization challenges
Become a Master at Prioritization
Prioritization is hard. PMs at all levels of experience struggle with it almost every day...
- How do we balance roadmap work with day-to-day improvements and firefighting?
- How do I prioritize feature requests from executives, sales, support, etc.?
- How do we get everyone around us to agree on a set of priorities?
The questions are endless.
Imagine prioritizing confidently in any situation you may find yourself in as a product manager or product owner. Your grasp of the fundamentals, mastery of techniques and ability to balance competing priorities allows you to align everyone around common objective. Finally, you are leading instead of reacting.
In this workshop, we decompose prioritization into a set of simple, executable concepts and practices giving you the insight, best practices, and techniques you need to prioritize with confidence and communicate your priorities to stakeholders and customers.
Who is the workshop for?
This workshop is for practicing product managers and product owners and those who aspire to be.
How is the workshop structured?
The workshop emphasizes practice via several individual and team exercises that are based on solid theoretical foundation. Challenging individual and group exercises allows participants to immediately apply what they learn. And you also get ample Q&A time with instructors to discuss your prioritization problems.
The course is delivered in two 3.5 hour sessions in consecutive days (see schedule for details).
What do you get?
- 2 sessions (totaling 7 hours) with practice materials
- 1 follow-up coaching session
- "Office hours" to ask questions in a group setting
Daniel Zacarias is a global expert on prioritization techniques, having created the definitive guide on the topic, read by over 400,000 PMs around the world, and having helped numerous teams improve their practices as a consultant.
In his 20-year career, Greg Prickril has delivered products at IBM, Microsoft, and SAP. He's also helped hundreds of PMs improve their prioritization fundamentals in courses and workshops around the world.
- Prioritization fundamentals and product strategy
- Getting group consensus on a focus question (Collaborative prioritization)
- How to address ad-hoc stakeholder requests and ideas
- How to manage multiple competing priorities
- Prioritizing for impact on goals (RICE)
- Prioritizing for customer satisfaction and delight (Kano)
- Prioritizing with the user’s end-to-end perspective (Story Mapping)