Enterprise Product Management Foundations
20+ hours of live, online hands-on learning to give you an end-to-end perspective on product management in the Enterprise context.
Product management is a tough gig! Many PMs fell into the position without being exposed to the full breadth of the job. Others would like to become PMs but are overwhelmed by disconnected resources on the internet. This live, online course will give you an end-to-end perspective on product management in the Enterprise context, no matter the size of the organization.
Enterprise and B2C Product Management are not the Same
Although there is a joint conceptual basis, there are significant differences between product management in Enterprise vs B2C operationally:
- The problems and solution are often much more complex than consumer offerings
- Delivering the product to the customer may entail a complex project lasting weeks, months, or more
- The sales process is long (months or years) and complicated, with multiple steps, roles, and formalities
- The term "customer" actually refers to a group of people, e.g., economic buyer, user, influencer who together influence the buying decision
- An additional stakeholder, the salesperson, is responsible for facilitating the sales transaction
Greg Prickril has delivered products at IBM, Microsoft, and SAP in a career spanning over 20 years. As a consultant, he's helped multiple, global B2B companies improve the business impact of their product management function.
Daniel Zacarias has worked as a consultant for multiple companies creating both B2C and B2B products over the past 12 years. That's led him to know how critical stakeholder management is, and how to lead complex organizations towards a shared vision and goals.
This live, online course is delivered in 7-hour sessions on 3 consecutive days via Zoom. About an hour of video lectures should be viewed before the live, online sessions.
The course is designed to encourage discussion and helps participants apply what they learn via group exercises.
What You Get
- Course slides, templates, and exercise materials
- Access to video versions of the lectures for future reference
- 30% discount to other career.pm courses and workshops
- Two 30-minute coaching sessions with the instructors to help you apply what you learn
- Piles and Foundations
- Problem Analysis
- What is a product?
- What is PM?
- Strategy Document
- Business Motivation (Strategy)
- Business Models
- Business Aspects
- Product Planning
- Release Planning
- Product Life Cycle
- Development Methodologies
- Strategic Management Essentials
- Corporate Strategy
- Innovation and Resource Management
- Market and Product Analysis
- Orchestration Summary
This course prepares participants for certification by the International Software Product Management Association (ISPMA). Online certification is administered by a third-party authority
Email Request to Management Template
Adapt this template to request support for attendance from your management.